Where am I heading?

Do you know the answer to this question? If you do, tell me coz I am still wondering.

Should I? Shouldn't I? Would I? Wouldn't I? If I...Will it be a lie?

Look at her eyes--big, curious, lots of love...
She sits in your lap and watches as you loom above. 

A big toothless smile. It gets broader as you go nigh.

Wisps of straight hair hang like lace; around the flat nose and chubby face.

Chuckles and giggles get louder with tickles.

A warm hug and weepy; Her arm lingers around your neck when sleepy.

Put her down in her cot and look over, what have I got?

Someone wonderful and tender as can be; patient, tolerant, a giver is he.

Always ready to help with chores or advice. And opens up to me a world of surprise.

Witty, charming and laid back... empathizing, loving, also ready with a wisecrack! Polite, respectful with a constant smile to greet elders. Loves children and also helps others.

"Where am I heading?" I ask you once again. Do you know the answer to this question?

Well I do, and it's "I don't care."

Because, although I am not worthy...
"Beautiful, peaceful". I say very happily, God has given me the perfect family!

While in a pensive mood and with creative juices aflowing, I sat down and wrote this poem. In my head I saw my little daughter going about her day and then looked over at our bed and saw my husband sleeping.

This poem is dedicated to the two most wonderful people in my life ... because of whom has now ended, my pursuit for happiness.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very cute poem!!
-Merley
Lucid Illusions said…
submit to poetry.com too ...

Popular Posts